Pump engineer and Systems mechanical engineer Apprentice Level 3 – Northern Pump Suppliers (BD5 7RN)
The positions we are looking for is for pumps engineer to service maintain and repair pumps returned from a variety of industries including water, pharmaceutical and food industry. These will be stripped and clean, inspected, quoted for. Repaired and returned to their original manufacturer’s recommendations. Search things involved seal replacement, machining of mechanical components grinding and polishing.
Our other position is for a mechanical fitter for our systems side of the business. This is to manufacture equipment for our chemical dosing equipment by manufacturing pump work booster set hose reels etc.
Systems Mechanical engineer
1. Undertake repair, maintenance, manufacturing, test and installation tasks as requested.
2. Manufacture items as drawn to ensure commercial accuracy and maintain efficiency.
3. Diagnose errors or technical problems and report to team leader.
4. Polypropene pipe and sheet welding
5. Stainless steel pipework assemblies including pump assemblies
6. Grp flooring cutting and forming
7. Water pressure testing of pipework
8. Welding of pipe brackets, supports and stands
9. Use of measuring devises
10. Pressure testing
1) Undertake stripping, repairs, maintenance, rebuild and test multiple manufacturer and pump models.
2) Manufacture items as drawn to ensure commercial accuracy and maintain efficiency.
3) Diagnose errors or technical problems to determine solutions for fixing.
4) Reporting and documenting inspections, faults and fixes on pumps.
5) Metallic polishing and using a lathe to manufacture comp
6) Assist team leader to participate in an efficient workshop that complies with regulatory requirements, ensure equipment is calibrated and safe.
7) Machining drive shaft, gears and housings
8) Use of measuring devises
9) Pressure testing
About the Employer
Since our formation in 1987, Northern Pumps Suppliers, has developed into NPS Engineering Group, we have grown to become an industry leader in; pumps and pumping systems, offsite manufactured systems, dry powder polymer units, chemical dosing systems, project management, backflow prevention systems, glass reinforced polymer (GRP) kiosks – enclosure manufacture includes LPCB rated kiosks, stainless steel, mild steel and structural steel fabrication, floodgates, flood doors and more.
Our extensive range of products and services serve a variety of different industries from pharmaceuticals, food production to water treatment, security and energy production
Things to Consider
Located near Bradford City centre and will have to commute to Leeds College.
Training to be Delivered
This apprenticeship will be delivered through a mixture of college and work based learning. Successful candidates will attend our Printworks Campus one day per week to learn the skills/ knowledge required to be successful within this role. They will also receive a visit once a month in their place of work from their assessor, where delivery will take place on a one to one basis.
Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technicians covers 7 roles: Electrical Technicians; Mechanical Technicians; Control & Instrumentation Technicians; Wind Turbine Technicians Electrical System and Process Control Technicians; Electromechanical Technicians and Plant Operations Technicians. They will maintain the safety, integrity and effective operation of plant and equipment in one or more of the following Industries that are part of or have activities that are part of the broader national infrastructure Engineering Sector.
Employers must satisfy themselves that apprentices are ready for their end point assessment. Apprentices must demonstrate that they meet the following criteria:
- Achieved a minimum Level 2 English and Maths.
- Satisfactory completion of the formal training plan agreed with the apprentice by the employer.
- Sufficient evidence in the form of a portfolio to allow the apprentice to consistently demonstrate knowledge, skills and behaviours as described in the standard.
- Complete a minimum of 20% of their contracted hours allocated to off the job training.
The end-point assessment is synoptic and takes place at the end of the apprentice’s learning and development (final three months). It will consist of a performance assessment in the workplace – logbook / portfolio of evidence. Knowledge/practical assessments and assignments.
These are carried out after the apprentice has met the required criteria to pass the Gateway process. The apprenticeship is graded a pass, distinction or fail based on performance in the end-point assessment.
Functional Skills qualifications (If required):
- Functional Skill in English
- Functional Skill in Maths
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
This standard will meet the professional standards of the Engineering Council for registration as Engineering Technician (Eng Tech) by an appropriate Professional Engineering Institution.
Northern Pump Suppliers Ltd
Unit 1 Upper Castle Street
42 months plus 3 months EPA
Monday to Thursday 7.30 till 4.00 Friday 7.30 till 3.00
1st year - £5 per hour 2nd year – £8 per hour 3rd year - £11 per hour
What You Need
nglish, Maths, Combined science all grade 4 minimum
- Works well in a team
- Problem solving
- Good Listener
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Good Communicator
Full time job after training