Nursery Apprentice Level 2 – Jimbo’s Community Nursery (Leeds Mencap) (LS9 9LU)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work under the guidance of the Room Leader.
- To establish positive working relationships with your colleagues and any other professionals that work with the children and their families.
- Effectively implement the settings policies and procedures.
Positively promote the children’s health, safety and general wellbeing.
- Protect children from danger.
- Liaise with parents/carers to help ensure that the particular needs of children are met and that parental choice is considered in terms of care give
- Select, prepare and use a range of resources suitable for children’s ages, interests and abilities, taking account of diversity and promoting equality and inclusion.
- Actively support the development of children’s language and communication skills.
- Promote positive behaviour, self-control and independence through using effective behaviour management strategies and developing children’s social, emotional and behavioural skills.
- Promote the use of informed observation and other strategies to monitor children’s activity
- Support the process of effective assessment, by accurately recording the children’s developmental progress.
- Plan and provide safe, appropriate, child-led and adult initiated experiences, activities and play opportunities in indoor, outdoor and in out-of-setting contexts, which enable children to develop and learn.
- Work in partnership with parents, colleagues and other professionals to ensure co-ordinated support for children with additional needs.
Staff and Team Development:
- Complete a staff induction programme.
- Attend and positively contribute to staff meetings.
- Attend relevant training courses
- Ensure that all Ofsted requirements are met.
- Ensure the efficient and hygienic upkeep of the rooms and facilities.
- Ensure the confidentiality of information about families accessing the setting, complying with Data Protection Act.
- Assess the safety of equipment and resources within the setting.
- Keep up to date with the nutritional needs of the children, so that that specialist diets are adhered to and to ensure individual feeding programmes are implemented.
- To provide cover to deliver within the setting as needed.
- Any other duties and tasks as requested, to support organisational activities, such as fundraising events and staff meetings.
About the Employer
Leeds Mencap run Jimbo’s Community Nursery, a purpose-built nursery in east Leeds, offering high quality care and early education for children aged 0 – 11, including after school and holiday childcare.
Things to Consider
28 days annual leave per year plus public holidays.
Training to be Delivered
The Nursery will provide the following training:
- Level 2 Childcare Qualification (Both college and Nursery support this)
- Full nursery induction.
- Full building induction.
- LSCP Safeguarding training
- Food Hygiene training.
- Allergen training.
- Paediatric first aid training.
You will attend Leeds City College (Quarry Hill campus) once a month
Jimbo's Community Nursery (Leeds Mencap)
20 Vinery Terrace
East End Park
Monday to Friday, hours TBC
What You Need
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade 9-4 ( A-C or equivalent)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9-4 ( A-C or equivalent)) Essential
- Communication skill
- IT skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- Physical fitness
Once qualified, will be able to apply for any internal or external vacancies.