Medical Administrator – Data Quality Apprentice – Blackburn Road Medical Centre (WF17 9PL)
• Conducting filing tasks so that written or computer information is easily accessible and secure.
• To provide support to the Admin team in the production of letters, reports, minutes, memorandums, etc. in an accurate and quality manner.
• To carry out scanning tasks as required.
• Provide support to the Data Quality team in the timely actioning of delegated tasks.
• To receive incoming and initiate outgoing telephone calls as directed in order to facilitate timely and appropriate communications with others, taking messages and dealing with appropriate queries.
• To assist with the gathering of statistics and information.
• Assist in clerical and administrative duties.
• In liaison with the management team, maintain adequate supplies of office stationery.
• To work and support the management team in the daily management of the practice including health and safety, staffing, infection control, QOF, premises, Patient Representative Group, Practice newsletter, Immunisations, Enhanced services, Summary Patient Records, and any other area relevant to the role.
• To carry out all post related tasks on a daily basis.
• Conduct room stock checking weekly (to include a basic Health and Safety assessment) at both sites.
• Others duties and responsibilities that fall within the remit of the position following discussion and agreement.
• In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
• In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
• Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
About the Employer
To support the work of the Practice by undertaking a variety of administrative, clerical and other related tasks as required
Things to Consider
• Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
Mode of delivery: Delivered entirely in the work place
A Level 3 Apprenticeship is delivered entirely in the workplace where you will gain knowledge, understanding and skills on the job. An Assessor from Leeds City College will visit you on a regular basis to complete your college work.
Functional Skills qualifications:
Level 1 Functional Skill in English
Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Leeds city college training:
We will support and coach the apprentice through the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We will carry out the skills development workshop days off site. They will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the standard, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Units of Study
• Decision making
• Interpersonal skills
• Quality assurance
• Planning and organisation
• Project management
• Managing performance
• Regulations and laws
• IT and presentations
• Record and document production
Blackburn Road Medical Centre
Mon – Fri 0700 – 1800 details to be discussed
What You Need
Grade C/4 in Maths and English would be desirable
Good personal skills
An ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense to respond to patient’ enquiries and requests.
An ability to stay calm under pressure and to work as part of a team
Excellent communication skills and a sense of humour