Machine Maintenance Engineering Apprentice – Allied Glass (WF11 8DH)
To provide a continuous equipment maintenance service to the Production Department.
- The implementation of the Company Health and Safety Policy within the department, as per the organisation and arrangements for implementing that Policy, set down in the Company Handbook.
- Department operations are conducted in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety Management System at all times.
- To maintain glass forming machine equipment, which includes the handling of mould equipment weighing in the range of 5kg to 45kg, to a standard that will ensure maximum machine efficiency and manufacturing performance.
- To clean, check, identify faults, repair and refurbish tooling and spares to prime condition to ensure availability and minimise downtime.
- To identify and take appropriate remedial action to rectify equipment faults and failures and then take further action to eliminate or minimise any reoccurrence.
- Ensure that all necessary maintenance information is recorded using the recognised documentation and procedures.
- Ensure all Company procedures are effectively applied at all times.
- Machine downtime is minimised and manufacturing performance maintained.
- When machine equipment, tooling and spares are repaired and refurbished to the required standard and are readily available.
- When equipment faults are promptly located and eliminated.
- High standards of housekeeping and safety in the work area are continuously maintained.
About the Employer
Allied Glass are an independently owned premium glass bottle manufacturer which designs, develops and manufactures glass packaging. A supplier of bespoke glass bottles to the spirits industry, producing beautiful glass bottles for iconic international brands whilst also supporting the very smallest craft producers.
Training to be Delivered
This apprenticeship will be delivered through a mixture of college and work based learning. Successful candidates will attend our Printworks Campus one day per week to learn the skills/ knowledge required to be successful within this role. They will also receive a visit once a month in their place of work from their assessor, where delivery will take place on a one to one basis. . In addition learners will need to be allocated 20% of their contracted hours per week to concentrate on any development activities set
Functional Skills qualifications (If required):
- Functional Skill in English
- Functional Skill in Maths
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Fernley Green Rd
42 months plus 3 months EPA
Mon to Thurs - 6am – 2pm Fri - 6am – 1pm
What You Need
GCSE’s in English and Maths at grade 4 or above
Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Focus
- Health and Safety
- Quality Management
- Personal Standards and Discipline
- Decision Making