Level 3 Apprentice Nursery Nurse – JOLLY GIRAFFES DAY NURSERY LTD (LS28 8RA)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To plan, create and implement engaging activities, tailored to each of your key children
- To encourage their development towards key milestones.
- Observing, tracking and reflecting on learning.
- Develop and maintain strong parent/ carer partnerships.
- Promote and ensure child welfare, protection, health and safety and safeguarding procedures and policies are followed at all times.
- Work with colleagues to maintain a positive, happy and safe environment on a day to day basis.
- To learn ‘on the job’ enhancing learning done through assignments as part of your Apprentice qualification.
About the Employer
We are a well-established (seventeen years now!), independent nursery and we feel that this makes us quite unique as we strive to create a true ‘home-from-home’ for our children and their parents/carers. We’re not tied to any franchise regulations so we can have great freedom to support our children’s learning, and help them reach their full potential, in our own unique way. We are open from 7.30am until 18.00pm Monday to Friday. From the moment we walk into our amazing ‘giant house’ we feel like one big Jolly family! Three of our owners, Sian, Tracey and James work at the setting daily (two managing, one cooking delicious meals!). With our owners working alongside our highly experienced, long serving and extremely well-qualified staff team we have a unique passion for our nursery. This is reflected in our commitment to giving every one of our children the very best possible start in life.
Things to Consider
Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
Development of skills will be supported by a workplace mentor in conjunction with one full day in college per month. An assessor will undertake workplace visits and will support the apprentice with their learning and employment.
We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, skills and behavior elements of the standard, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
• Working with teachers to understand and support assessment for learning
• Keeping Children Safe in Education
• Developing strategies for support
• Communication and team work
• Working with teachers to accurately assess
• Using Technology
• Problem solving/ability to motivate pupils
Other off the job training will be monitored through the one file, Practical training, shadowing, mentoring, industry visits. Learning support and time spent writing assessments/assignments will also be coached and monitored.
JOLLY GIRAFFES DAY NURSERY LTD
16 STATION LANE
Monday to Friday up to 40 hours a week (4 full days) between 7.30am -6pm daily.
What You Need
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years Practitioner (Grade Pass) Essential
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Team working
- Physical fitness
- Caring & Loving
To be employed by Jolly Giraffes if there is a staff vacancy at the end of your qualification.