Hospitality Team Member Apprentice – Harewood Provisions Company Limited (LS17 9LF)
We are recruiting a Hospitality team member apprentice to support the recent growth of our business. You will be joining the business at an exciting time having recently been nominated for another award in the food industry. This is an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to gain many new skills alongside study/college, and to progress a career in catering, hospitality or an associated area.
To serve both food and drink across a number of different venues within the company to include a village cafe, tourist café, High end afternoon teas served within Harewood House and a wide variety of events both on the estate and in external venues.
Duties will include:
– Producing coffees other hot drinks from Espresso machines
– Taking orders, handling payments
– Serving drinks and food to customers
– Clearing and cleaning tables
– Serving as range of both soft beverages and Alcoholic
– Assisting Washing up where needed
– Providing exceptional customer service
– Adhering to standards of service set out by the front of house team
About the Employer
The Harewood Food and Drink Project (Harewood Provisions ) was set up 2 years ago by Eddy Lascelles, promoting the best local produce including everything that is reared and grown on the Estate itself to deliver the best customer experience.
Ranging from the extremely popular community cafe Muddy Boots during both daytime openings and the acclaimed Bistro Evenings, and HF & DP’s incredible events “Hidden Harewood”, “Dining Room” and “Magic By Moonlight”, amongst others and most recently running Harewood House tourist Courtyard Café and terrace Tea room and corporate events.
Things to Consider
– Location and travel arrangements to support shift work (possibly finishing shifts around 11/11.30pm)
– The role involves standing up for the duration of the shift and is fast paced
– Total Weekly Working Hours: approximately 35 – 40m hours per week, 4 days out of 7 – mainly daytime shifts but evenings when needed for events etc.
– Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
By the employer, whilst working alongside your colleagues and college one day per week. Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Intermediate
Length of Programme 15 months (inclusive of 3 months end point assessment) Mode of delivery: day release at the Printworks campus.
All hospitality team members must have the following introductory knowledge:
• Understand what hospitality means the culture of the industry and why delivering a customer experience to meet and exceed customer’s expectations is so important to hospitality businesses.
• Appreciate the importance of hospitality behaviours such as personal conduct, being adaptable, using initiative and communicating with a diverse range of people.
• Know the range of businesses and establishments that make up the hospitality industry, their differences and similarities and the variety of job roles and progression opportunities that are available.
All hospitality team members must have the following core hospitality knowledge, skills and behaviours
• First line supervision / Team leading
They must then select from one of the following specialist functions:
Food and beverage service
Serving alcoholic beverages
• Level 1 functional skills in maths and English must be achieved prior to gateway and the learner must also attempt their level 2 maths and English exams.
• Functional skills does not apply if the apprentice already holds a grade A-C 9/4 in both English and maths.
Harewood Provisions Company Limited
Muddy Boots Cafe
Harewood Village Hall
4 days out of 7 – mainly daytime shifts but evenings when needed for events etc. Shift TBC.
What You Need
No previous qualifications required
Level 1 functional skills in maths and English must be achieved prior to gateway and the learner must also attempt their level 2 maths and English exams.
*functional skills does not apply if the apprentice already holds a grade A-C in both English and maths
– Good teamwork ethic
– Strong communication skills
– The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
– Organised multitasker
– Carefully handle payments, transactions, stock and packaging to minimise unnecessary financial loss
– A willingness and desire to learn
– Take pride in own role through an enthusiastic and professional approach to tasks
– High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
– Punctuality and reliability is a must
– A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
The possibility of securing a permanent position. We pride ourselves in supporting our staff to achieve promotion within the business.