Early Years Educator Apprentice – Ebor Gardens (LS9 7PY)
Purpose of Post:
To work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher.
To support access learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
Provide general support to staff and pupils, including preparation and routine maintenance of resources/equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support for Pupils
1. Attend to the pupils’ personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
2. To supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
3. Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
4. Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
5. Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
6. Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
7. Support pupils in accessing learning activities as directed by the teacher. Support for the Teacher
8. Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work.
9. Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed.
10. Undertake pupil record keeping as requested and other basic record keeping.
11. Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
12. Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed.
13. Provide clerical/administrative support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting/recording money etc.
14. Ensure the maintenance of a clean and orderly working environment.
15. Timely and accurate preparation of routine equipment/resources/materials as set out in instructions.
16. Assist the teacher with learning activities ensuring health and safety and good behaviour of pupils. Support for the Curriculum
17. Support pupils to understand instructions.
18. Support pupils in respect of aspects of learning with the curriculum.
19. Support pupils in using basic ICT as directed.
20. Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use.
21. Monitor and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies.
22. Operation of everyday equipment in accordance with instructions.
23. Maintenance of everyday equipment, check for quality/safety.
24. Undertake simple repairs and report other damages.
About the Employer
At Ebor Gardens Primary Academy we ensure that everyone in our school is treated with respect and dignity. Each person in our school is given fair and equal opportunities to develop their full potential with positive regard to gender, ethnicity, cultural and religious background, sexuality and disability. We are privileged to be part of Wellspring Academy Trust who believes that every school is unique, because it has a unique history; it serves a unique community context and is full of unique individuals. We value and celebrate the unique identities of our schools. We encourage them to innovate, create and develop their uniqueness because we want others to learn from them.
Ebor Gardens Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, Governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We promote diversity and want a workforce, which reflects the population and communities of Leeds.
Things to Consider
Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Relevant experience for the post:
- Nursery: 1 year (preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (preferred)
- Management: 1 year (preferred)
Training to be Delivered
- Commitment to all CPD offered Desirable
- Understanding of pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties and special educational needs
- Knowledge of the range of ways that pupils learn
- Knowledge of interventions
- Working with children of relevant age
Onsite and in class training in workplace.
Ebor Gardens Primary School
Mon - Fri 8.30 – 3.30
£4.81 for the first 12 months Minimum wage for age after 12 month Hourly
What You Need
GCSE English/Maths Grade A – C or equivalent qualification
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- The ability to personalise and differentiate learning Ability to use correct English in spoken and written communication
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Ability to respond calmly and use initiative
- Confident and enjoys working as part of a team
- An enthusiastic personality with a ‘can do attitude’
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to remain calm
- A positive approach to continuous learning and development
- Team player
Progression to Level 3 STLS Apprenticeship