Commis Chef Apprentice – Bibis Restaurant (LS1 4AG)
– Learning Bibis Menu
– Italian Mediterranean Cooking
– Dessert Bases
– Components of Desserts
– Assembling Dishes
– Preparing for Service
About the Employer
Bibis is a traditional Italian family owned and run restaurant, café, cocktail bar and event space located in the heart of Leeds. Having celebrated its’ 46th birthday in 2020, Bibis has become an institution amongst guests who have grown up with the popular restaurant and recognise it for its high standards, superb quality and gracious hospitality.
Open and serving food currently at revised hours from Wednesday to Sunday inclusive. Bibis offers diners a truly inspiring traditional Italian menu.
Things to Consider
• Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
Commis Chef 18-21 months
Apprentice Commis Chef:
Learn all aspects of food preparation, maintaining a high level of food hygiene, cooking a wide range of menu items including vegetables, meat and fish.
Delivery Method :
This apprenticeship will be delivered through a mixture of a day release in college and work based learning. Successful candidates will attend our Printworks Campus once a week to learn the skills/ knowledge required to be successful within this role.
They will also receive a visit once a month in their place of work from their assessor, where delivery will take place on a one to one basis
Monday to Sunday, shift TBC
What You Need
• No previous qualifications required
• Level 1 functional skills in maths and English must be achieved prior to gateway and the learner must also attempt their level 2 maths and English exams.
*functional skills does not apply if the apprentice already holds a grade A-C in both English and maths.
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Fast worker,
• Eager to learn,
• Well presented
Full Chef position