Business Administrator Apprentice – Stapleton Gardner & Co (LS27 8HN)
The apprentice will do 4 days per week working in the office at Morley and carrying out the following tasks and having on the job training.
- To provide day to day administration support to the Solicitors and Paralegals and general administrative duties.
- Making appointments on behalf of the Solicitors and Paralegals.
- Greeting clients and visitors and announcing them to the appropriate Solicitor and Paralegal.
- Taking phone calls from clients regarding the progress of the case and passing on messages as required.
- Preparing files for billing.
- Audio typing of correspondence, file notes, Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Contracts, Transfers and numerous other legal documents from the general pool.
- Scanning of files to be archived.
- Filing of incoming and outgoing post.
- The office is very busy so it will be necessary to concentrate and be proactive about the client’s needs.
- One day per week will be based at Leeds City College for studying for a qualification.
- Good communication skills and inter-personnel skills are essential and will be developed during training.
About the Employer
Solicitors in Morley.
Established in 1882, we have a long history of giving expert legal advice and assistance to individuals and businesses to guide them through their legal challenges.
Our team of Solicitors based in Morley, Leeds hav vast experience within their specialist areas of law. They keep up to date within the ever-changing legal environment.
We pride ourselves on providing a first-class service whilst remaining flexible, we are able to offer face to face, telephone or zoom meetings as required.
Things to Consider
Wage reviewed after 6 months
Training to be Delivered
The apprentice will follow the Level 3 Business Administration path:
Studying will be in house and at Leeds City College, one day per week at College at Leeds City College Printworks Campus. Regular assessor visits will take place between the college, apprentice and employer at the workplace and the apprentice will require 20% of their time allocating to their apprenticeship to concentrate on any set development activities.
Stapleton Gardner & Co
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
What You Need
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Desired
- Key attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task, able to work on initiative and/or part of a team
- Good standard of computer literacy, particularly MS Word and Excel. Training will be given on specialist software.
- Relevant literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent customer skills to communicate effectively with patience and care face to face, by telephone and in writing.
- Typing speed of 40 wpm or more
Potential to continue to Solicitors Apprenticeship.