Business Admin Apprentice – Capital Projects – Leeds City College Mabgate Campus (LS9 7DZ)
- To work within a busy Capital Project office supporting the Resources Coordinator and PA with a wide range of financial and administrative tasks.
- To support the Resource Co-ordinator in processing purchase orders and invoices in a demanding and busy office environment.
- To learn to effectively input and search data on the financial database (Unit 4).
- To accurately input data onto the Order Log Tracking System (Excel).
- To effectively manage own email correspondence (Outlook) from staff within the Capital Projects Directorate relating to purchase orders and invoices.
- To learn and efficiently maintain computerised and filing systems and processes already in place.
- To deal effectively and professionally with telephone and face to face enquiries from staff and public.
About the Employer
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Training to be Delivered
Units of study:
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Product and service knowledge
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT + Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Leeds City College
Monday to Friday 8.30 to 4.30
What You Need
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of handling confidential information
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good sense of humour