Apprenticeship Laboratory Technician – Labcorp (York)
Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully-tailored training program, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of clinical trials and bringing miracles of medicine to market.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
BioPharmCMC covers a wide range of pharmaceutical analysis methodologies and spans the drug development timeline. The laboratory technician team are a central role ensuring smooth and continuous operation of regulated laboratories.
What you’ll receive:
- You’ll undertake an Advanced Apprenticeship in Laboratory Technician over the course of 24 months,
- You will study for a Level 4 Science Qualification
- An IOSH Managing Safely certificate
- A chance to Act as an Ambassador across Yorkshire for Science roles,
- A generous benefits and holiday package
About the Employer
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Things to Consider
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Training to be Delivered
You will learn the following:
- Routine and one-off laboratory testing and how to perform a variety of technical laboratory techniques;
- Work both individually and as part of the laboratory team;
- Work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken;
- Work safely in the laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems;
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and be able to maintain good accurate written records of work carried out;
- Follow quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards relevant to the workplace;
- Develop and apply your theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology;
A salary of £14,500 in your first year rising progressively as you progress based on performance
What You Need
An A-level in Biology or Chemistry preferred but not essential, or relevant work Experience or a level 3 science based qualification
- A passion for science
- A willingness to learn
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Progression opportunities and a chance to work on ground breaking drug development projects