Apprentice Vacuum former – Vacform Group Yorkshire Ltd (LS9 0ST)
To maintain the site machinery in according to directions in daily work schedule
- To operate vacuum forming machinery.
- To maintain accurate records relating to daily work activity
- To communicate effectively with all other colleagues
- To actively participate in any/all continuous improvement activities
- To share experience and best practice with colleagues
- To demonstrate good housekeeping practices
- To apply best practice in areas with regard to Health & Safety, Quality Procedures and Job Safety
- The role is 40 hours per week PLUS O/T when required with 30 days holidays including bank holidays.
- Applicants must be 18 & over owing to the role being more than 40 hours
About the Employer
Based in a 24-hour facility in Leeds, our flexible workforce can cater for unexpected jobs without compromising existing orders. We are able to satisfy both high volume requirements to pre-arranged schedules or produce low volume quantities – all our orders are treated individually and given the same high-level of importance.
We currently supply to a wide range of industries, collaborating with businesses in electronics, engineering, medical, packaging, automotive, aerospace, agriculture, building & construction, retail, petrochemicals and education. Through our deep understanding of the manufacturing process we continue to open up new markets, both domestically and overseas.
Training to be Delivered
This apprenticeship will be delivered through a mixture of college and work based learning. Successful candidates will attend our Printworks Campus one day per week (2 days in the first year) to learn the skills/ knowledge required to be successful within this role. They will also receive a visit once a month in their place of work from their assessor, where delivery will take place on a one to one basis. . In addition learners will need to be allocated 20% of their contracted hours per week to concentrate on any development activities set
Specific Specialist Knowledge:
- understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculation involved in the machining processes such as speeds and feeds, calculating angles/tapers, material removal
- understand the practical and theoretical uses of the machines used, and their applications.
- understand the work-holding devices, cutting tools, and setting up procedures, in adequate depth to provide a sound basis for carrying out the activities, correcting faults and ensuring the work output is to the required specification
Specific Specialist Skills:
- read and interpret relevant data and documentation used to produce machined components
- determine the most efficient and effective approach to machine the component using a range of tools, machining process and Techniques
- select and set up the correct tooling and work holding devices
- set and adjust the machine operating parameters to produce the work pieces to the required specification. This will involve setting feeds and speeds for roughing and finishing operations
- select and use a range of measuring and testing equipment to check components are to the required quality and accuracy
- produce complex and specialist components as a one off test and trial work piece and/or producing components in small or large batches
- contribute to the business by identifying possible opportunities for improving working practices, processes and/or procedures
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Machining
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
Vacform Group Ltd
1-5 Felnex Square
42 months plus 3 months end point assessment
Monday to Friday 07:00 to 15.30
What You Need
GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
- Able to demonstrate logical thinking
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to use initiative when working alone, within given instructions
- Ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Customer focused approach
- This role would suit a driven individual who is looking to start training for a career in a skilled manual role.
- Good level of maturity and common sense
- Good time keeping and attendance is essential
Permanent position on completion of the Apprenticeship programme with progression opportunity available within a growing company.