Apprentice Trainee Travel Consultant – Meanwood Travel (LS7 2PA)
- Applicant will be responsible for social media marketing as well as Administrative duties under supervision at first. Longer term during training applicant will deal with customers and suppliers.
- Good knowledge of social media
- An understanding of office functions on a computer
- Make and receive telephone calls
- Book holidays using tour operators websites or over the phone
- Plan complex itineraries
- Administrate bookings, online flight check ins, communicate visa requirements as well as dealing with special requests.
- Work under supervision until candidate demonstrates ability to work independently.
About the Employer
BEING IN THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY SINCE 1998, WE’VE GAINED A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE AND ADVICE.
With Meanwood Travel, you deal with the same friendly travel consultant throughout. Telephone us and you’ll get straight through to a real person – and we always call customers back when we say we will.
Things to Consider
Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship
Units of study:
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Product and service knowledge
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
4-6 Stainbeck Ave
Monday to Friday 09.30 to 17.30 including Day release training one day a week
What You Need
no formal qualifications but must show desire to be in the travel industry – Grades C or above in English and Maths would be desirable.
- Good communication skills,
- Computer skills and knowledge of social media
- Well connected
- Eager to learn
When fully trained you would have career opportunities within the industry and be in demand as a qualified travel consultant