Apprentice Teaching Assistant – WELLSPRING ACADEMY TRUST (LS10 3JA)
What will the apprentice be doing?
1. Attend to the pupils’ personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
2. To supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
3. Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
4. Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
5. Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
6. Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
7. Support pupils in accessing learning activities as directed by the teacher. Support for the Teacher
8. Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work.
9. Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed.
10.Undertake pupil record keeping as requested and other basic record keeping.
11. Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
12. Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed.
13. Provide clerical/administrative support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting/recording money etc.
14. Ensure the maintenance of a clean and orderly working environment.
15. Timely and accurate preparation of routine equipment/resources/materials as set out in instructions.
16. Assist the teacher with learning activities ensuring health and safety and good behaviour of pupils.
17. Support pupils to understand instructions.
18. Support pupils in respect of local and national learning strategies, e.g. literacy, numeracy, KS3, early years, as directed by the teacher.
19. Support pupils in using basic ICT as directed.
20. Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use.
21. Monitor and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies.
22. Operation of everyday equipment in accordance with instructions.
23. Maintenance of everyday equipment, check for quality/safety.
24. Undertake simple repairs and report other damages.
Support for the School
25. Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
26. Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
27. Contribute to overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
28. Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
29. Attend relevant meetings as required.
30. Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
31. Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes, e.g. clubs, extra curriculum activities.
32. Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
About the Employer
We are a specialist SEMH through school, serving the whole of Leeds, and catering for students aged 5-16. Our children all have EHCPs for their social, emotional and mental health needs. To see what makes us special and our ethos, please visit our website at www.springacademyleeds.org and follow us at @Springwell_Lds to see what our staff and amazing young people get up to on a daily basis. If you would like to discuss or find out more about this post, please contact Laura Reader, email@example.com
Things to Consider
Our children all have SEMH needs. This can be a very physical and challenging role. Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
A Level 3 Apprenticeship is delivered in partnership with the workplace you will be expected to attend college 1 day a month, where you will gain knowledge and understanding of the Supporting Teaching and Learning standards. You will develop skills on the job where you will be supported by a workplace mentor.
An Assessor from Leeds City College will visit you on a regular basis to support your learning journey
The Apprenticeship framework comprises of:
Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 2 Functional Skill in English
- Level 2 Functional Skill in Maths
End Point Assessment
The EPA consists of two distinct assessment methods:
∙ Practical observation with questions & answers
∙ Professional discussion supported by a portfolio of evidence
WELLSPRING ACADEMY TRUST
Springwell Academy Leeds - South
Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
What You Need
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9 (A-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 (A-C)) Essential
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Administrative skills
- Number skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- Physical fitness
- Flexible and adaptable
Apprentice Teaching Assistants can progress on to a secure permanent role with access to a network of Expert Practitioners, our own teaching school, and a brand new CPD TV channel; we are well equipped to support career development at all levels.