Apprentice Nursery Assistant – Daisy Chain Childcare (LS26 0NL)
- Safeguarding Children – putting their welfare, care and development first.
- To provide high quality care for all children and families.
- To support the provision of a broad and balanced curriculum that will meet the requirements of the relevant national standards.
- To keep a proper record of achievement on your key children, for parents.
- Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the nursery.
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development.
- Support children and families in settling visits and transitions through the nursery.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key-person.
- To take responsibility for a group of children during any building evacuation.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from different cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development, whilst actively promoting the equal opportunities policy.
- Work as a supportive member of the staff team, where the nursery is viewed as a “whole”.
- Utilise your time to help in other areas being constantly aware of the children’s needs.
- To attend all out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings summer fayre, Christmas party, etc.
- To be flexible within working practises of nursery.
- Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- To respect and maintain the confidentiality of information received.
- Compile with Daisy Chain Policies and procedures at all times.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate to the post as required by the nursery.
About the Employer
Daisy Chain Rothwell is one of four Daisy Chain’s located across the Leeds area. Rothwell was the first to open nearly 20 years ago closely followed by our Adel setting. We are a family run company and pride ourselves on the training and environment we provide the staff and strive to be the best childcare in the area for our children.
Things to Consider
Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
You will develop skills on the job where you will be supported by a workplace mentor. An Assessor from Leeds City College will visit you on a regular basis to support your learning journey.
Standards Title: Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
Length of Programme: 18 months’ variable
Mode of delivery: one day in college per month
Competence and Knowledge qualification: L2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner Functional Skills qualifications: Level 1-2 Functional Skills in English Level 1-2 Functional skills in Maths
End Point Assessment The EPA consists of two distinct assessment methods:
· Multiple choice Exam
· Professional discussion supported by a portfolio of evidence
Daisy Chain Childcare
High Ridge Park
Mon – Fri 8 hour days over a shift pattern between 8am – 6pm.
What You Need
GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in English and maths or AS levels (or equivalent) required. Acceptance is subject to college interview, initial assessment and taking a skill area test.
- Good communication skills
- Good written skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Passion for working with children.
- Good attendance
- Good timekeeping
- Ability to manage own workload
Full time job as a nursery nurse.