Apprentice Finance Assistant – Alto Construct LTD (LS27 0RY)
- Receiving supplier invoices and preparing them for processing.
- Approving invoices for payment.
- Receiving and processing delivery tickets and timesheets from our site teams.
- Reviewing statements from suppliers and liaising with them to resolve any queries. · Sending remittances to suppliers for payments we have made.
- Learning all aspects of the Sage 50 and Sage Construct accounting systems.
- Preparation of wages and employee expenses.
- Reconciliation of bank records and cashflow.
- To assist with the preparation of financial returns, i.e. VAT, CIS and Corporation Tax. To assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Undertaking general administrative duties, such as, scanning documents, filing, photocopying. · Answering the telephone.
About the Employer
Our clients tell us that it’s our people that set us apart and make a real difference to the delivery of their project. We are proud to say that we have some of the best in the industry and our clients can be confident that they are dealing with professional people, passionate about what they do and absolutely committed to delivering the highest standards, exceeding client expectations.
Things to Consider
Our Head Office team are very friendly and approachable. We have a lovely office environment and the people in our team make it an enjoyable place to work. Accounts is a small, but very busy department. The work will be fast-paced, with sometimes challenging deadlines. The role will involve data input, which can be repetitive.
If applicant is 18+ then will paid national living wage.
Training to be Delivered
The Level 2 Accounts and Finance Apprenticeship is delivered both in the workplace and remotely online. The apprentice will be required to join weekly online classes to study towards a Level 2 AAT certificate in Accounting. An assessor will also carry out regular meetings every 4-6 weeks to assess the apprentice and assign working tasks to fulfil the learning criteria of the apprenticeship.
AAT Certificate in Accounting Syllabus:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting Software
- Work Effectively in Finance
- Foundation Certificate Synoptic Assessment
Alto Construct Ltd
Unit 12, Cliffe Park Way
13- 17 months
Monday – Friday (08:30 – 17:00 or 09:00 – 17:30) with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break
What You Need
Qualifications Required Good GCSE grades – grade 7 and above in Maths and English and an average grade 6 across the board. Assessment is subject to a face-to-face interview.
- Accurate and numerate, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Able to talk to people in-person and over the telephone, and be able to respond appropriately and professionally to supplier and client enquiries by email.
- Organised and methodical in their approach to work and be able to work under pressure.
- Good IT skills – some experience of using Microsoft packages, i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Reliable and hardworking.
- Committed to their work and study.
- Keen to learn and develop themselves within the business.
- Resilient and able to respond positively to pressure.
- Friendly and personable and comfortable talking to people.
We are a growing business, with plenty of opportunity to pursue your long-term career within Finance/Accounts.