Apprentice Commis Chef – Heaney & Mill (LS6 2AL)
Our restaurant is a newly converted, cosy 40 cover family run business with long-standing roots . The food offering is high quality casual dining serving breakfast, lunch & dinner 7 days a week.
Our event catering can be anything from fine dining banquets right through to sandwiches for small meetings so a vast range of experience and varied skill set would be preferred but full training will be provided. We pride ourselves on quality, using 100% fresh food and everything made in house so any applicants must have an eye for detail extremely high standards and the work rate to support this. We are an ambitious company looking for people with a similar ethos to help develop what we already do and grow individually alongside the business. This is a fantastic opportunity with excellent potential for personal development.
Duties to include:
– Prepare and garnishes food orders as they are received in accordance with recipes and plate presentation
– Cook food in a timely manner
– Allergen awareness. Paying close attention to customers’ allergen needs
– Stores unused food properly, and informs Head chef / senior chef of larger quantities of stored food
– Ensures that food from their own station is delivered on time – asks for help if needed
– Follow food safety, food hygiene, and sanitation practices
About the Employer
Heaney & Mill is proudly a family-run business, with its roots firmly set at 50 Otley Road in Headingley in 1966 and re-established as a restaurant in 2017.
Things to Consider
– Shifts may vary in accordance to the needs of the business. This may include weekend and evening work.
– Location of the business
– Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide
Training to be Delivered
18 months practical period and 3 months EPA. Total of 21 months on programme.
Mode of delivery: Delivered in the workplace and weekly college attendance based at our Printworks, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 1JY
At the end of your Apprenticeship training you will have achieved:
• Level 2 Apprenticeship – Commis Chef
Subject to whether you need to complete functional skills, you will also achieve this
if applicable by the end of your apprenticeship.
Heaney & Mill
50 Otley Road
Shift patterns will range from 6am-1pm, 10am-4pm an 4pm-11:30pm
What You Need
Desirable that the candidate holds maths, English grade 4 / C and above in GCSE or equivalent, however, not essential. If the candidate does not hold one or either of the qualifications then they will need to complete functional skills level 1 and 2 alongside their apprenticeship standard.
– Good with time keeping
– Passionate about the industry
– An all-round good team player
We are looking for someone who is reliable, trustworthy, and confident in their capabilities.
The potential applicant must also be good with time management, enjoys being part of team and a person that the team can depend on.
To be hired as a full time member of the team.