Apprentice Care co-ordinator / Administrator – Dr Porter & Partners (LS25 1HB)
This role will include both Reception and administrative duties.
You will be expected to:
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide an efficient administrative support service to the Doctors, Nurses and other staff of the Practice
Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
• Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice
• Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
• Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
• Explain Practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
• Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
• Enter requests for home visits onto the clinical system, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor.
• Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same.
• Enter patient information on to the computer as required.
• Provide administration support to the Practice Team
About the Employer
GP Practice with 14000 patient run over 4 sites Garforth Medical Centre, Beech house Admin offices ( across car park from GMC ) Elmwood Surgery Barwick in Elmet and Jessamine Cottage Surgery Aberford. We have employed two apprentices in the past NVQ level 2 and they have both being promoted to our Administration Team.
Training to be Delivered
Units of study
? Understanding the organisation
? Meeting regulations and legislation
? Systems and resources
? Product and service knowledge
? Influencing skills
? Personal organisation
? Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
? Developing self
? Being open to feedback
? Team working
Functional Skills qualifications:
Level 1 Functional Skill in English
Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Dr Porter & Partners
Garforth Medical Centre
Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm (3.30pm finish on Tuesday)
What You Need
GCSE English and Maths minimum plus IT literate
Good communication skills essential
Honest , Hardworking and Reliable
There may be a full time position for the right candidate at the end of the apprenticeship.