Apprentice Butcher – Robertshaw James (Harrogate HG3 1EW)
- – Serving customers to the highest standard
- – Set up shop ensuring that all displays a well presented and items packed away using correct storage conditions
- – Boning pork, beef, and lamb carcasses
- – Sausage and burger making
- – Maintaining a high level of health and safety
- – Maintaining a high level of food hygiene
- – Preparing fresh meat for sale on our pre-packaged counter
- – Prepared value-added products
- – Achieving and maintaining efficient stock rotation
- – Building rapport with customers
- – Cleaning down at close of day
- – Preparation and packaging of orders
- – Issue and demonstration of safe working procedures for tools and equipment
- – Ensuring the café on site is fully stocked with fresh meat
About the Employer
Third generation butchers and farmers on our award-winning farm shop. Supporting the local community, suppliers and farmers and the best tasting local produce. We are starting a new venture into Crimple Hall, Harrogate as a concession. This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the very start of something special.
Things to Consider
– They will be based in Robertshaw’s at Crimple, Crimple Hall, Leeds road, Pannal, Harrogate HG3 1EW
– Starting £200 per weekly dependant. 16 and above £5 per hour
After 1st year completed; Under 18 – £5.50 per hour Over 19 – £6.90 per hour 21-22 – £8.50 per hour 23 and over £9.00 per hour
– Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
Level 2 Butchery
- Knowledge & Skills gained from this apprenticeship:
- Full awareness and adherence to health and safety regulations
- Carrying out a range of practical butchery skills Production of meat and or poultry products
- Using machinery and other relevant equipment Working as a team to meet deadlines
- Maintaining product quality
- Coaching and mentoring to support workforce development
- Effective communication with customers, suppliers and colleagues
Apprentices must achieve the following (prior to taking the end-point assessment):
- Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing (Meat and Poultry)
- Award in Proficiency in Meat and Poultry Industry Skills
- Award in Health and Safety in the Food Supply Chain Business
- Award in Knife Skills for Food Processing
Apprentices must complete gateway requirements as a pre-requisite to end point assessment (EPA), including a log book, 3 short qualifications and English and maths. EPA must be conducted by an independent assessor from an EPA organisation (EPAO) approved to offer services against this standard, as selected by the employer, from the Education & Skills Funding Agency’s Register of End Point Assessment Organisations.
over 5 days with one weekend day and weekday off. 10-hour days 7am-5pm or 6am-4pm or 9am-7pm.
What You Need
No previous qualifications required Level 1 functional skills in maths and English must be achieved prior to gateway and the learner must also attempt their level 2 maths and English exams. *functional skills does not apply if the apprentice already holds a GCSE (or equivalent) grade A*-C/9-4 in both English and maths.
- – Willingness to learn is the key aspect
- – Training will be provided continuously
A calm, professional individual that can cope well under pressure, a conscientious and willing attitude when learning new skills and the ability to work well as a part of a team.
Possibly of been offered a full-time contract with a wage rise.