Apprentice Administrator (Unit Co-ordinator) – Delta Simons (LS3 1AB)
We aim to provide an environment where you will enjoy working as part of Delta-Simons and feel satisfied at the end of the week with the life and career you have chosen.
- Ensuring the high standards of proof-reading, formatting, branding and quality assurance are upheld within technical reports and documents.
- Coordinating the compilation and digital issue of such documents in a proactive and efficient manner.
- Assisting with teams with operational tasks to contribute to project delivery.
- Undertaking project-based tasks as required to enhance and develop the division.
- Contributing to the housekeeping of project financials including purchase & sales ledger interations.
- Planning and managing workload and daily tasks to ensure tight deadlines can be met.
- Working as part of the wider Coordination team to provide continuity of support across the business.
- Supporting the onboarding of new staff within the Division.
- Active member of team meetings to support and relay operational input.
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively and intuitively either alone or in a small team.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office and Aodbe Acrobat programmes.
- Sound communication, personal effectiveness, and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistency.
- A demonstrable ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
About the Employer
Delta-Simons is a trusted environmental consultancy with a highly successful model of targeting sustainable growth at regional, national, and international levels providing bespoke services that blend technical and commercial excellence with true environmental awareness and commitment focused on delivering the best possible project outcomes for our clients.
Things to Consider
Leeds (LS3 1AB): reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Training to be Delivered
Training to be Provided Training to be delivered by Leeds City College Units of study Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Product and service knowledge
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
- + Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- + Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
16 months duration
Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5pm
What You Need
- Minimum GCSE level qualifications.
- Hold or working towards relevant NVQ qualifications in Business Administration; or
- Demonstration of equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of personal effectiveness with core related and assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to build, develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the business and external stakeholders.
- Ability to organise workload and demonstrate time management skills to be able to meet team deadlines.
- Friendly and approachable person with good communication skills, able to develop working relationships with lots of people spread across different teams.
- Willingness and ability to pick up new skills and demonstrate quick learning.