Apprentice Administrative Assistant – Bramley Park Academy (LS13 3DP)
o assist in providing a range of administrative support for internal and external customers.
To contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
To appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- To work as part of a team to provide customer focused services
- To be the outface of the promotion of the academy by welcoming all to the school
- To prioritise work and meet conflicting deadlines
- To maintain accurate records and track progress work
- To prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines
- To maintain accurate records and track progress of work
- To undertake administrative duties including:
o Preparing routine correspondence
o Managing meeting rooms and dealing with hospitality
o Process requisition forms and raise purchase order
o Prepare monies for banking
o Ordering & monitoring stocks supplies
- To use IT applications and databases effectively to deliver administrative tasks
- To input and retrieve data using computerised systems including meal patterns and dinner money arrear
- To collate and prepare information from a variety of sources
- To communicate and prepare information from a variety of sources
- To communicate effectively with internal & external customers and colleagues in relation to work undertaken
- To work with others to help improve work organisation and effectiveness
- To ensure promotion and support equal opportunities and health & safety
- To undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the post
The post holder will be required to work flexibly to deliver an efficient service.
There will be regular contact with pupils, colleagues, other members of staff, line manager and internal and external customers therefore positive outward facing approach is required at all times.
Standard duties in all trust job Description Show a commitment to diversity, equal opportunities ad anti-discriminatory practices Show a commitment to ensuring that children and young people learn in a safe environment Participate in relevant and appropriate training and development as required Method of working.
About the Employer
At Bramley Park Academy we provide the best education for all our pupils in a happy, caring and healthy environment. Bramley Park Academy lies at the heart of our local community and we see ourselves at the central hub of a wider family – Wellspring Academy Trust
We strongly believe in “making a difference” and ensuring all of our pupils have the best possible opportunities both at school and beyond. Each one of our staff members strives to achieve the extra mile every day – believing in the creativity and passion for education to change and impact life chances for all of our wonderful young people.
At Bramley Park Academy our message is simple: To build a vibrant and highly successful school community, which raises aspirations for all by nurturing each individual; ensuring that we make a difference.
We are privileged to be part of Wellspring Academy Trust who believes that every school is unique, because it has a unique history; it serves a unique community context and is full of unique individuals. We value and celebrate the unique identities of our schools. We encourage them to innovate, create and develop their uniqueness because we want others to learn from them.
Bramley Park Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, Governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We promote diversity and want a workforce, which reflects the population and communities of Leeds.
Things to Consider
Ability to commute/relocate:
Leeds LS13 3DP: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Training to be Delivered
As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will complete the following qualifications as part of your Apprenticeship:
· Level 3 Business Administrator Standard Apprenticeship
· Level 2 Functional Skills mathematics (if not already achieved- or equivalent)
· Level 2 Functional Skills English (if not already achieved- or equivalent)
· Level 2 Functional Skills ICT (if not already achieved- or equivalent)
You will also develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to work within an office environment.
Bramley Park Academy
Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm/9:30am-5:30pm Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm/9:30am - 5:00pm
What You Need
GCSE English/Maths Grade A – C or equivalent qualification
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Able to input/retrieve information from databases
- Able to process documents using google
- Able to work flexible as part of a team and show initiative
- Ability to prioritise work and meet conflicting deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills
- Operate with the highest standard of personal/professional conduct and integrity
- Committed to work in lien with the Trust and academies values and vision
- Willing to work flexible in accordance with policies and procedures to meet the operational need of the academy
- Willing to undertake training and continuous professional development in connection with the post
- Able to undertake any travel in connection with the post
- Able to demonstrate sound understanding of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Satisfactory DBS disclosure to work to work in an environment dealing with young people
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships, and personal boundaries with children, young people and vulnerable adults
- A commitment to safeguard and promoting welfare for all