NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
The NEBOSH National General Certificate will give you invaluable knowledge
and skills AND a globally respected qualification that supports your current
role and your long-term career. The qualification is:
The NEBOSH National General Certificate will give you invaluable knowledge and skills AND a globally respected qualification that supports your current role and your long-term career.
The qualification is:
Units / Modules
Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk - understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
Benefits / Skills
The qualification deliberately looks at general workplace issues so that is can be applied in the many different sectors in which health and safety professionals may work.
On completion of the qualification, you will be able to:
- understand how health and safety legislation is applied in a workplace and the possible enforcement actions that could be taken
- identify and effectively communicate relevant health and safety information
- advise on a range of common workplace health and safety issues including how these can be assessed, controlled and monitored
- develop a health and safety policy strategy (including proactive safety, Corporate Social Responsibility and the change management process)
- contribute to a risk management strategy
- promote a positive health and safety culture
- develop and audit health and safety management systems
- maintain individual and organisational health and safety competence
- manage contractors and supply chains to ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organisation.
Assessment is a two-step process:
- NG1 - An open book examination to assess what you know. This is scenario based and will include a closing interview, you will be asked questions about your submission.
- NG2 - A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do (3 hours). Learners will complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable. (Please note that if you do not have a workplace/site that you can use to complete your risk assessment, we will do our best to arrange a site for you).
Assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests. The College will accept a Level 2 understanding of Maths and English.
For learners wishing to continue their professional development, we offer other specific industry add ons such as- NEBOSH Fire Certificate, NEBOSH Constructions.
For those wishing to study at a higher level, the NEBOSH Diploma for Professionals qualification offer the opportunity to gain one of the sector’s most prestigious qualifications.
TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Principles of End of Life Care
Fully-Funded Digital Learning...More info
TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
Fully-Funded Digital Learning....More info
NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK)
NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) is ideal for: Construction site managers, Contracts managers, Site workers with health a...More info
1 Tuesday a week for 13 weeks (14 if required)