Level 1 Intro to Upcycling Furniture
During this Level 1 course you will demonstrate the skills to assist with furniture upcycling in a sustainable way, whilst working in our state-of-the-art workshop that mirrors a real-life workplace, which will be launching in September 2022.
This course allows learners to plan, produce and reflect upon their own heritage and traditional craft work. Learners will plan and prepare the tools, materials and equipment required to produce their final item whilst maintaining a safe working environment. This will ensure that you gain practical experience, alongside enterprise and employability skills to prepare you for your next steps.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- Enable learners to develop basic skills in craft
- Provide learners with underpinning knowledge in craft
- Develop a portfolio of work in craft
Benefits / Skills
You will learn how to:
- Explore craft resources
- Make, present and review a final item
- Participate within the workshop
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however English and maths form part of the study programme if you have not already achieved these.
- A keen interest in developing practical skills.
- Successful interview.
Progression may include a higher level course, an apprenticeship or relevant employment. Potential Careers:
- Workshop Assistant
- Furniture Restorer
Art & Design BTEC Diploma Level 1
Create to your heart’s content with this programme. You’ll develop skills in drawing, painting, printmaking, and sculpture, as you create artwork ...More info
Level 2 Repurposing Furniture
During this Level 2 course, you will demonstrate the skills to develop workshop techniques in a sustainable way and learn about the creative enterpri...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
Our social media pages are run by our in-house Events team, and this is a great way to have a look at some of the things we do as a department.