Gym Instructing and Personal Training Practitioner Level 3 Diploma (ONLINE)
Studying this qualification will provide you with the fundamental knowledge
of exercise and the human body that you need to train clients in a fitness
setting. This online programme is an engaging and fun course that will get you
qualified as a Personal Trainer and start you on your journey to an incredibly
The key topics featured in this course include:
- Nutrition for physical activity
- Human anatomy and physiology
- How to lead client consultations
- How to plan and deliver personal training programmes
- Client engagement and how to maximise their experience
- Personal Trainer business fundamentals
Who is this course for?
If you want to study at your own pace and kick off your career in gym instructing and personal training, as well as gaining valuable experience by leading client consultations, designing training programmes, and assisting clients on the gym floor or as part of your own business, then this course is for you.
Self-paced online learning with tutor support. The course will be delivered through a mixture of written materials, interactive learning elements and course videos.
Units / Modules
- Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise
- Unit 2: Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 3: Nutrition for Physical Activity
- Unit 4: Client Consultations and Lifestyle Management
- Unit 5: Planning and delivering Gym Programmes
- Unit 6: Planning and Delivering Personal Training Programmes
- Unit 7: Maximising the Customer Experience in the Exercise Environment
- Unit 8: Business Acumen for Personal Trainers
Benefits / Skills
Studying this course online has a number of advantages:
- Access your course materials immediately
- Tutor support via our market-leading platform
- Study around existing commitments
- Progress as quickly as you’d like
- Tailored individual learning plan to help you succeed
- Engaging content; from videos to interactive quizzes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded the Level 3 Diploma for the Gym Instructing and Personal Training Practitioner (RQF) (Qualification Number: 603/6001/X).
The course is assessed through a variety of methods, depending on the unit. We have outlined the assessment structure below:
The first two units are assessed through:
- Multiple-choice theory exam (*You will be provided with a mock exam to help you prepare for the assessment)
Later units are assessed through a combination of:
- Written assessments
- Video submissions
- Programme cards
- Reflection documents
Please note that each assessment will be explained when you reach them during your studies.
You do not require any previous experience to enrol on the Level 2/Level 3 Gym Instructing and Personal Training course because we provide you with the entry-level knowledge you need.
If you are already qualified at Level 2, then you will be able to ease your way through the first few units of the course.
If you aspire to become a Personal Trainer and potentially set up your own business, this course is an excellent way to get started. Through your studies, you will develop the knowledge and skills required to educate and engage clients in a gym environment, while facilitating and supporting them in the pursuit of their fitness goals.
You also have the option to build on what you have learnt through further study with us, by completing the online Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance.
Sport (Advanced) BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3
Develop your underpinning knowledge of key themes within sport nationally. You’ll cover anatomy, physiology, fitness training, skill acquisition, de...More info
Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport 1st4Sport Diploma Level 3
Become a sports coach, teacher, leader, development officer, or teaching assistant. You’ll gain real experience of child and young person developmen...More info
Fitness Instructing and Personal Training 1st4Sport Level 3 Diploma
Take your training knowledge to the next level with our Fitness Instructing and Personal Training programme. You will develop your knowledge of fitnes...More info
As this is a self-paced online course, duration is flexible however typical duration is between 18-28 weeks depending on the learner.