CACHE Pathway 2 – First Steps to Working in Childcare – Online
This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the knowledge,
skills and experience required to start your first steps to working as a
childcare or nursery assistant in an early years setting.
This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required to start your first steps to working as a childcare or nursery assistant in an early years setting.
This course provides an understanding of the basic skills needed to care for
a baby or young child, including setting a routine, healthy lifestyles and the
importance of play and learning.
The course is studied online enabling you to benefit from flexible study, at
a time and pace suitable for your own needs or face to face in a variety of
venues. You will be supported online by experienced tutors who will help to
guide you through your learning programme.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
You will study a range of different topics including:
- The importance of play
- Healthy lifestyles
- Keeping children safe
- Routines for children
Benefits / Skills
- A foundation for progression onto further vocational study
- Support from experienced tutors with industry experience
- Develop wider skills in using technology through online learning activities
- Gain confidence in your English and maths skills
- Aged 19+
- There are no formal entry or experience requirements, however you will need to be at Entry 3 for literacy
Course Fee (16-18)
Flexible online learning or face to face at a variety of venues
Understand the roles and responsibilities of the childcare/nursery assistant
No experience required