Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
This course builds on the Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health and
covers a wider range of mental health conditions and goes into detail on the
range of therapy and professional support that a person may be given by
professional bodies during treatment for a mental health condition.
The course is suitable for all persons within a workplace but is aimed at
those who hold a supervisory/managerial level position and who have
responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and
responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health within an
Units / Modules
- What mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental.
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a suspected mental health condition.
- Know how to recognise and manage stress.
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental.
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place.
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
- Understand a range of mental health disorders and the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers.
HABC Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to become emergency first-aiders in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for ...More info
Award in First Aid for Mental Health